So watch the movie and enjoy the footage of microscopically small underwater organisms.
And why is this little lake called ‘The Beggar’ anyway?
Long time ago there was a big castle standing in the lake. On Christmas eve the nobles held an exuberant party. Then a poor starved beggar knocked at the door to ask for some food. The nobles refused to give him something. As a punishment the castle sank into the lake. Once a year, on Christmas eve, if you listen well, you can still hear the castle bells ringing.
This video has been shown...
- On local Dutch TV in August 2017, 5 times.
- On an event in the Leudal Museum in The Netherlands for general public, on June 20, 2017.
- On a congress of the Dutch Society for Microscopy and the Antwerp Society for Micrography, on Sept. 16, 2017.
- On the Quekett event in The Natural History Museum in London on October 7.
- On the yearly congress of the Natural History Society of Limburg, The Netherlands in March, 2018